Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Taking off against the wind

Mornings don't go as planned. :)

We received truancy letters from the school for the kids for tardies and absences. We are required to attend a class, pay money for the class, and go to court if we don't go to the class.  I called the office and told them I have cancer and everything is magically waived.  Wahoo for cancer.  :)  (Haven't pulled the cancer card yet, but today I did and had no problem with it.)

My surgeon's office called.  Apparently my surgeon wants to do an MRI biopsy on the left breast even though nothing showed up on the ultrasound.  I asked about false positives on MRIs and the radiologist's recommendation, and the nurse (my RS Pres) said Jennifer is thorough and cancer could still be there and not show up on the ultra sound.  Bottom line - She'd rather make sure than not. If I have decided on bi-lateral mysectomy then it doesn't matter.  If not and it is cancer, then we should know before it disappears during chemo so tissue can be removed on the left side during surgery.  I am appreciative of the thoroughness but can't help feeling annoyed.  I wish the doctors could all get in the same room, on the same day, at the same time, and preferably while I'm there :), so I don't have to keep going back to the hospital for more tests.  Most likely it's a false positive.  I guess when the doctors say jump, I jump.  Arg.  UPDATE: It was a false positive.  No biopsy and no detected cancer on the left side!

Camryn and Naomi (her friend who is a great way for me to get things done around the house) decided to decorate the wall with stamps and then accidentally spill milk on the floor. Note: Wall disasters and spilled milk sometimes make moms cry.  Today it did - I held the tears until I was in my room where they couldn't see.  

Received the perfect quote from Kate.  Her timing and choice of words were priceless.  "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."  - Henry Ford.  Lots of wind today.  This quote helped me get off the ground.  Love you, Kate.

Filling out loan apps and reviewing sellers disclosures.   Buying a house in the midst of all of this.  When it rains it pours. Thankful Bryce has been taking care of most of the house stuff.   
Maybe my house will get clean today.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment