Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Little Things

I love this quote from President Uchtdorf:

"There is something in each day to embrace and cherish.  There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it." 
 - Dieter F. Uchtdorf
(Regrets and Resolutions, Oct 2012) 

I have a quote on my kitchen wall that says "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."

Today as I was reading about cancer on the computer Deacon came up to me and said, "Hold me mama."  It warmed my heart.  I held him and we snuggled in my bed and laughed and talked.  It was the best.  Such a little thing, and yet something big. Something I was able to embrace and cherish and hold on to for the rest of the day. How I love that boy, and all of my kids. How grateful I am for gratitude, as funny as that sounds, and the little things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment