Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Adopted

I was very tired this morning.  Deacon woke up crying in the middle of the night for some reason, and I couldn't go to sleep for at least an hour after.  When I did get to sleep, Taylor came in a little later saying he had a bad dream.  I wanted to skip our morning walk because I was exhausted, but realized I will probably be tired every day.  I can sleep and rest later in the day, but something needs to get me out of bed. 

I have an ultrasound on the left side today.  A spot showed up on my MRI, but the radiologist expected it to be a false positive.  He said to forego a biopsy if nothing was found in the ultrasound.  I'm not that worried about it because it doesn't change my treatment plan at all, especially since the right side is much worse than the left could be.  It will just better inform me regarding my surgical decisions, which I'm waiting on for my genetic testing. UPDATE: Found nothing on the ultrasound.  Wahoo for false positives on the MRI!

I had chemo class and I am amazed at the amazing people I'm meeting on this health journey.  What stories people have and how inspiring they are.  I've learned that if life ever starts to get you down, talk to others.  You'll realize life isn't so bad.  :) 

There was a wonderful family at my chemo class.  They probably had 10+ family members for the other patient (Georgie) ... and then there was me.  Definitely felt like the odd one out on their family reunion.  (Bryce was willing to come but I told him it not to bother because it was a waste of time - I had already called the nurse to discuss what she'd be sharing.)  Despite my feelings of party crashing, this family was amazing and let's just say before the hour was over I had an invite to their real family reunion.  :)  Georgie was super cute, 50ish year old woman, and all her daughters and sisters were there.  She had so many questions and seemed so worried, and I wanted to help her.  I felt impressed to write her over the next few months.  Georgie's sister, Debbie sat next to me and was a great resource.  She seems to think the way I do, and she shared five years ago she had breast cancer.  She gave me her number and said to call any day, anytime, and before I left, Debbie's husband (I told you it was a family reunion) handed me his second copy of handwritten notes for me to take home.  What a wonderful family.  People are good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment