Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Monday, April 13, 2015

April 13, 2015 - Diagnosis Day

I was right. It's cancer. Such hard words to say and maybe they will get easier the more I say it. It's not a surprise though. I feel the Lord has been preparing me. Prompting me to text my RS President who works with breast cancer docs to get an appointment. Listening to conference and not feeling any of the talks were written for me but knowing in about a week they would be. Feeling a range of emotions but then ultimately feeling of peace, confidence, and a faith stronger than I've felt before. My patriarchal blessings gives some great insight and counsel. In it I am encouraged to be grateful and continue to thank Heavenly Father for my many blessings. If anything will get me through this it will be that. Today I am grateful for: 
  •  Kaylee seeing my car stopped on the side of the road this morning and asking me if I was ok. (Just having a quiet prayerful moment to myself before events unfolded today.) 
  • Camryn politely asking Deacon as I walk in the house "Deacon, do you need a diaper change?" Mom, will you please help me change Deacon's poopy diaper?" 
  • Starburst bracelet from Taylor. He didn't know I found out about cancer today, but his timing was priceless. 




(He told me, "Lots of Ms for Mom!")


  • From Kaylee who came over with these after putting the facts together when I asked if she could watch the kids for another doctor's appointment.  She volunteered to take the kids to the park for a picnic.  How grateful I am that she is next door, for so many reasons.   


  • Call from Brian Gill in Abu Dhabi.  He actually worked with the surgeon I'm meeting tomorrow and recommended her as the best breast surgeon in the state.  He called and emailed both me and her immediately.
  • Visit from Heidi Porter (my RS Pres) who actually works with my surgeon and happened to work today which rarely happens and checked tomorrow's schedule when she will be the nurse attending to me. 
  • I know the Lord is watching out for me and helping me feel of his love.  I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment