Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April 1, 2015

Went to the doctor today.  I was concerned about a visible lump on my breast and what I thought was a mass inside the breast.  Bryce told me not to worry.  I am 30, no breast cancer history in the family.  Not a big deal.  

The doctor informed me the visible lump was a lymph node.  Lymph nodes usually come and go. Sometimes they swell due to infection. (I had already seen two other docs about these lymph nodes over the last 2 years - so they had been around for awhile.) The visible one the doctor told me one was hard, which isn't a good sign - and there was definitely a mass in the breast.  

Of course one's first appointment tells very little about what is to come.  Make another appointment, wait, more tests, wait again.  Next week is a mammogram, ultra sound, and possible biopsy. Could be nothing.  Could be the start of something huge.  

It's easy to play the what-if game, so I try to shut out those ideas.  It's a little scary to think about what could be, but I focus on what I know.  I came home and read about mammograms and ultra sounds. What questions to ask and how to read results.  

I'm writing to record my discoveries (for myself and maybe others) as I unfold the possibilities available in this genomic revolution. :) 

PS - Not an April Fool's joke 

No comments:

Post a Comment