Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Monday, April 27, 2015

Promises of Health

Started our morning walks with Bryce.  6:30 wakeup and walk around the neighborhood and trail behind the condos.  It was great to get up.  Perfect way to start the day and jump start on the important things.  Our goal is to do it every morning, especially once chemo starts.  Bryce said he'll walk as slow as he has to (which is saying a lot)  :). 

Seminary with the kids this morning was about Daniel refusing the king's meat and the word of wisdom.  It's amazing how our seminary lessons have been the lessons I needed most.  (The last two weeks were courageous stories about about David & Goliath and Esther.)  :)  The Lord knows me!  I have such a testimony that as we try to serve others, the Lord ends up blessing us through that same service.  As I was bearing testimony to the kids about the word of wisdom and promising that following it will help us have healthy bodies, I thought to myself - what about me?  I've followed the word of wisdom and where is my promise of help?  Just as fast, the answer came.  And Taylor without knowing the thoughts in my head shared it just as I was finishing the same thought.  "Mom, your body will be strong to fight your cancer."  How grateful I am for the testimony of my young boy.  And how grateful I am for the promises of the word of wisdom and temple covenants that keep our minds and bodies healthy and receptive to the Spirit. 

Bryce told his boss today about my cancer.  Looks like Tute may sponsor my genome being sequenced.  Wahoo for that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment