Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Samuel the Fighter

Grateful for the lesson I learned in scripture study tonight.  We read about Samuel the Lamanite and after we discussed what we read, Bryce asked what I learned.  Something new stuck out to me in the story this time.  Samuel was retreating from the city and the Lord told him to go back.  He did, but they wouldn't let him in the city wall.  Rather than Samuel saying, "I tried Lord.  They won't let me in.  I can't."  He thought of how he could fulfill what the Lord asked him to do.  He climbed the wall.  He didn't give up.  He fought.  I admired Samuel tonight because he was a fighter.  He fought to do what the Lord asked him to do, and he didn't give up when people told him no or that he couldn't.  The word fight has meant a lot to me the last couple of weeks, and I am grateful for the scriptures and examples and stories of prophets that lift and encourage me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment