Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Thursday, April 2, 2015

So many questions

Received a call from the radiology department at the hospital. Mammogram and ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday at 10am.  Mammogram should take 25 minutes, Ultrasound 15 minutes.  No biopsy will be performed.  The radiologists will view the "film" (see below) and a couple of days later give them to my OB, then my OB will contact me.  At that point OB may recommend a biopsy.  Frustrating thing is that next Thursday I really won't have any new information.  Also, person on the phone couldn't tell me what kind of mammogram I was having, and whether the results were on film or digital.  Shouldn't that matter and don't people understand what they do for a living?

Questions (which I thought of after I got off the phone)  -
  • Who is the radiologist reading my reports?  Am I able to choose my radiologist?
  • Person on the phone asked if having my mammogram at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center was ok - is the selection of the medical center performing my mammogram important?

No comments:

Post a Comment