Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Feeling normal again

Great day today.  Had tests in the morning and was home by 11:30 so I had the rest of the day to be a "normal" mom.  Today is Wednesday and people wore pink, took pictures and posted with the hashtag #wearpinkforpam.  I felt a little silly with so much attention, but very loved at the same time.  Taylor wanted to count tonight how many families are praying for us, and we counted 100 - just off of my Mom's post announcing breast cancer.  What a strength we are feeling.  We came home from the park and there was dinner on our doorstop, with no idea who it was from.  We feel the love of the Lord and love and faith from family and friends.  

I had my blood taken at Bryce's work so we can have my genome sequenced.  Tomorrow will be the first day this week I'm not having  both arms pricked, let alone one.  Wahoo!  I have a genetic counseling apt. at 6am int he morning via phone because Myriad won't run my genetic test until insurance approves it, and insurance won't approve it until I talk to a genetic counselor.  Doesn't a husband with a PhD in human genetics count?  :)  

I also have a second oncology appointment but think I will cancel because my FISH results for HER2 aren't back yet.  Guess I'll have to cancel again?  He'll probably still tell me to come anyway, but I think I'll just keep being stubborn.

As I was eating breakfast by myself at Kneaders this morning, killing time for about 20 minutes between appointments, I opened up my Instagram account and found the Gills post.  Brian was wearing pink and I saw the back of Amy with her pick ribbon and signing I love you.  It was the perfect moment. I had forgotten it was even Wednesday.  I felt so loved, supported, watched over, and strengthened.  I am so grateful for those dear friends of mine, as well as the many others who have shown their support. Love you all. 

1 comment: