Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Friday, June 26, 2015

"Cruising Through Chemo"

I was optimistic today leaving the hospital after receiving my first round of taxol.  (No allergic reaction by the way.  Just feeling sleepy from the Benadryl, but that has worn off now, and I'm feeling awesome - like I haven't had chemo yet.)  We will see what the other days this week bring, but if this is what the second half of chemo is like, I'm excited.  No headache, no nausea, no chemo brain cloud - wahoo!

As I met with the oncologist today, he said - "You cruised through the first treatments of chemo.  It may not have felt that way to you, but if everyone responded to chemo the way you did, I'd be out of a job and chemo would be an over the counter drug." Don't know if he was just trying to make me feel good, but the first 8 weeks went pretty smoothly and were much better than I anticipated.  Such a blessing.  He said the next 12 weeks should be even better.  Hopefully I can keep cruising.  :)

And PS - my tumor is shrinking.  Glad this is starting to work!  (I was worried - and skeptical- for the first 6 weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment