Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Hero

Have you ever felt so indebted to someone that you don't know how you can ever repay them?  That despite your most sincere thanks, actions, and words that you can't express the deep gratitude you feel?  That's how I feel about my sister Emily.  (I decided long ago to throw away the in-law part of family.) :)

On the day we shared my diagnosis with family, she told us she would come to Provo the day she graduated high school to be our live-in nanny for the summer.  I remember her first day here: she showed up at my door at 7:30 in the morning, without ever being asked, to get the kids off to school.  She is willingly on-call, anytime, day after day.  She loves my kids and treats them with love and kindness, even when they have their occasional difficult times (I hope it's occasional).  I have been able to take naps every day, grocery shop, date my husband, workout - and the kids are able to get out and do fun things every day - all because of Emily.  People lovingly ask how I am doing, and my answer is always the same: "I'm doing awesome because Emily is here."  I don't know what I'd do without you sis.  Thank you for showing me what it means to be family.

No comments:

Post a Comment