Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Curse of the Cough

I have had a cough for the last 4 weeks.  Had it shortly after my 3rd round of chemo, then it got better.  Then a few days after my fourth round it came back.  Cough syrup, humidifier, and allergy meds didn't help it.  Oncologist said it was nothing to be concerned about because I didn't have a fever and mucous was clear (TMI).  Probably a virus I picked up.  It's been annoying more than anything and unfortunately has made sleeping difficult, as it gets worse when I lay down.  Fortunately I can sleep sitting up on the couch after a coughing fit that lasts a couple of hours. :)  Could be worse, right?  Only one night was especially bad when three different children woke up at different times in the night and I had to start my bedtime routine again. Thank goodness Emi is here and I can make up for lost sleep during the day.  I'm over the worst of it again (i.e. I can sleep in my own bed), so hopefully that cough stays away!

No comments:

Post a Comment