Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 3 of 12

Only a couple of times this week I felt tingling in my thumbs. A great improvement from last week! Unfortunately on Sunday I started feeling the numbness and tingling on top of my foot and later numbness in my entire right leg. I got up out of bed to walk around to make sure I could walk without falling (my doctor asked me last week if I had fallen from the neuropathy and the question horrified me, that neuropathy could get that bad). I didn't fall and could walk normally so that was comforting.

The good news is that the numbness and tingling never last for more than a minute so it's not bothersome. Just makes me wonder what permanent damage could be happening. Stats for neuropathy with taxol are that 1/3 never feel the tingling (missed that boat), 1/3 feel it only during chemo, and for the rest of the unlucky 1/3 it lasts their entire life. Hope I'm that middle third!

 On Monday the tingling changed a bit - instead of tingling it felt more like pins and needles. I wouldn't say it was painful, but it was a change from what it had been. I had been on my feet all day packing (Yes, we're moving next week - when it rains it pours!) :) so I wondered if i just had tired feet but the pins and needles came in my fingers too, and later my mouth was feeling numb. Part of me wonders if I'm inventing all these crazy feelings in my body, just more acutely aware of my feet falling asleep because I'm paranoid, or if I'm really having side effects :).

With that said... I like to be specific in my prayers, so for all of you wonderful friends and amazing people that keep us in yours, I could use prayers that my body will be strong against the taxol so I can receive all of my chemo treatments, and that my nerves will have as little damage as possible. There is power in prayer, and it's important to remember - I'm alive! So come what may with neurothpathy, I am blessed to be alive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment