Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Saturday, July 18, 2015

California Here We Come!

Bryce had a work trip to Los Angeles (on my birthday) and he surprised me with a ticket to go too. He packed my bag and everything! (In less than five minutes btw - and didn't forget a thing). #heisawesome. We left straight from chemo and had a great 2-day trip.

 Day 1 - I went to the Los Angeles temple while Bryce had his work presentations and meetings. He finished early so we were able to meet up and go to the beach before dinner and ice cream. So fun to walk in the water and see and hear the ocean. If you ever need a good calf workout - try walking on dry sand for awhile. :)



 Day 2 - Slept in and drove to the Newport Beach temple. (This temple was announced while I lived in CA and would have been the temple closest to me, however my family moved to Colorado before construction started so it was meaningful to see it finished and operating.)

After Newport we we drove to the San Diego temple. (Can you tell I love the temple?) :). The San Diego temple has a special place in my heart because as an 8-year old girl when my family attended its open house, I decided inside that I would be married there. While I ended up getting married in the Provo temple, (does life ever go as planned?!) :) it was in the San Diego temple that my decision to be married in the house of the Lord was cemented, and became a moment in my life that I referenced and reflected on often growing up.  Dinner was amazing at an restaurant on the harbor (seafood and my pick btw. I know, I have come a long way) :).


All of the temples we attended were beautiful inside and out and I am grateful we have houses of the Lord all over the earth. Our lives, as well as those who have passed away, are blessed as we attend, and it is my favorite place on Earth to be. I feel the strength and power of the Lord and His Spirit and I know with absolute certainty that He loves and is aware of me.  It was a wonderful trip - fun to be surprised, with Bryce, and in temples from my childhood.

 (To learn more about these temples visit https://www.lds.org/church/temples?lang=eng)

No comments:

Post a Comment