Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Our Journey of Faith, Hope, Courage, and Strength

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 2

Sometimes the best adventures are the ones you never plan and don't expect.
This morning we adventured to a new beach (a little later this time). We found the parking lot and a sign to the shoreline access. What we didn't expect was a 20 min. hike to the beach. But on our hike we were able to read about and see lava tubes and caves, and we came across the most beautiful sight I've seen so far. It was historic fishing pond, that was filled by the ocean, bordered with greenery, flowers, and palm trees. I was so sad to discover I had left my camera in the car, so I tried to remember as best I could. :) We found the beach, which consisted of coarse sand and little lava lagoons filled with ocean life. The scene was beautiful. The kids loving looking in the tidepools and I was surprised the tidepools kept their attention for as long as they did. Fortunately we found a faster way to civilization again, thanks to Bryce who made the trek back and picked us up at the nearby resort.



We came home so the little girls could nap, Bryce picked up his bike, and we went back to Hapuna Beach with Nate and Lindseyy. Bryce biked to the beach to get a feel for his bike, the wind, and the hills, and we're all excited about race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment